Friday, June 29, 2012

Better Days

I am definitely feeling better about training than I have in awhile which is a good thing considering Cactus Rose training began this week!

I will be heading down to Pearland on Sunday to give the Y Freedom Tri a full effort as I tackle tri #2.  I am excited to see how I do this time compared to CB & I, though it is difficult to compare the two races for a couple of reasons.

1.  Pearland is a pool swim vs the Lake Woodlands swim of CB & I.
2.  The sprint distance is not always the same for a sprint race.  Pearland is a 300 meter swim, 11 mile bike and 3.0 mile run vs CB & I 500 meter swim, 15 mile bike and 5K run.

At the end of the day, it's just about getting out there and having fun.  Seeing what a bit of cross-training can do for me, and come away uninjured so that ultra training can begin.  I do miss my long runs.

I look forward to purchasing a bike of my own within a month or so.  I have decided, I think, to go new instead of used.  I will be buying an entry level bike, so the price difference between new and used is not very significant and the new purchase will get me a few extra things such as a warranty, a proper bike fitting, and the assurance that I have a bike that has not had a questionable history such as a crash or some other such thing.

I hope to grab some time to blog a bit more, but for now, I am enjoying the summer time with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment