Friday, December 4, 2009

The Onion

I could choose to sleep in tomorrow.  After all, it is currently forecasted to be below 24 degrees, so who would blame me?  Yet, I am not going to sleep in.  Rather, I am making the decision to rise from a winter's nap, head into some icy, muddy, trails, and attempt to peel away one more layer of the onion that keeps me from Him.

Confronting my limitations.  This is where I feel closest to Him.  Bringing myself to the point where I must call on the One who gave me life keeps my faith in a state of growth.  It is not a "challenge" but rather a death of my ego, my will, and all of those occasions of self that keep me from the truth that I am nothing without Him.

I have run a 50K before.  I am not so much worried about the distance.  But I really don't enjoy the cold.  Not even a little bit.  And cold it will be when we reach that start line.  I also hope to reach a new time goal of 6 hours.  I am not as confident in reaching this tonight as I was when I first considered it.  Funny how that happens. 

One thing I know I can be assured of is that I will peel away another layer tomorrow and take one step closer to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment