- If a seasoned gardener suggests a soil mixture to you, don't try to cut corners, heed his advice.
- The year you start a garden, expect a drought.
- Weeds, though green, have no place in the garden.
- Chicken poop smells worse than death and dogs eat it.
- I can not grow squash, cilantro, nor apparently much else well except
- Grass. I can grow grass.
- Perseverance. These plants will not die...at least not yet.
- Smart people start with one or two vegetable beds. I am not smart.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Lessons from the Garden
A few things I've learned so far, 6 weeks into our Backyard Project:
Posted by K at 3:22 PM