Friday, December 23, 2011

WOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHH!

Did you see that?  It just flew by!  December that is!  As well as 2011!  OK, enough with the !!!!!!..!

It's been a busy Advent around the home front.  I finally finished up the Christmas preparations today and am looking forward to sliding into my favorite time of the year...the week AFTER Christmas.  That week when no one is expected to really do much except be lazy, enjoy family, and drink and eat about anything one would like.

I have finally figured out that "treat weeks" (weeks where I don't worry about what I eat as a sort of reward to myself) are not really reward weeks.  They are more apt to wreak havoc on my intestinal track which in turns causes "CODE BROWN" to show up at the very worst times while on my runs.  Or in the pool.  It just isn't worth it anymore and I am giving up "treat weeks".  I'm sticking to the plan that works day in and day out, just throw an extra side of Hummus on my plate! (oops, another ! snuck in).



Jamoosh over at Last Mile Lounge is hosting the Hard Core Club for 2012.  You can bet I am in.  This is the one area I have yet to really get the results I seek because, well, I stink at following through with consistent core work.  Funny how that works. 


I have a few thoughts about my direction for 2012, not just running, but over all.  I will take some time next week to compile them together for your reading pleasure.  Key word for the year?  Simplicity.

Wishing all of you a Very Merry Christmas and a Blessed and Peaceful New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Wishing tidings of joy to you and your entire family!

    ReplyDelete