Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mental Preparation

I have been struggling to wrap my mind around the idea of running a 40 miler on the roads this weekend. Seems ridiculous to worry about it, but I suppose after my DNF at The Shoe, this training run will be more about the cognitive aspect of running rather than the physicality of running 40 miles.

I found my post from this past January that I wrote after I ran that 40. It was helpful today to help me recall that this run will only be as much fun as I allow it to be.

I have extended an invitation to whomever would like to run some or all(!!) of this run with me to let me know and I will be happy to forward along a map of the route.

Run with Joy in your Heart!

5 comments:

  1. Have a good run. You can definitely do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, agreed with Jamoosh! Be mindful of the last line of the post and you've got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no doubt..............

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got this! Have a great run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If i was in your area, i would absolutely run with you. This 40, like your last, will be a great run for you! Make it as awesome as you can!

    ReplyDelete