Thursday, May 27, 2010

Date Night on the Run

Wednesday night is date night around our house, which means that I either miss my run or try to fit it in earlier in the day.  Sometimes, though, I get really lucky and get a date night run!  Last night was one of those nights and it was great.  Mark is not a runner, but he does try to support my efforts to run and when I announced my running plans, he was generous to forgo much of our date night and ride his bike alongside me for my 6 miles. 

We still dropped the kids off at the relatives for the American Idol party that was going on.  After that was done, we headed out to get the mileage in and enjoy the cooler evening together.  I ran a very easy 10 min pace which allowed for conversation that we don't get a whole lot of time for in our usual day to day activities.

After the run/ride, we headed out for dinner at the Black Walnut.  It was quite nice out with fairly low humidity and a wonderful breeze that just called us to sit on the patio to enjoy our meal. 


To end the night, we picked up the kids, who were able to keep the secret on who the winner of Idol was for us, and after tucking them in, we watched our DVR'd AI.  Great night, great company, great music! 

I am so thankful that my family supports my crazy passion...of course, they also know what it's like to live with me when I can't run so....

No comments:

Post a Comment